Sunday, September 2, 2007

I wanna dance with somebody

If you know me then you know that when I get to the buzzed/drunk stage I want to dance. Many years ago me and my friends Myrna, Randy and Joe would go out and drink till we could barley stand then we would dance all night sweating it all out so we could drink some more. This was a weekend thing and we always had a blast, back then I weighed much less too. I wonder if there was a connection Humm…..
Well if you know me then you know my partner and you know he is not much on dancing, he loves people watching. Now and again when the music is either a sway to and fro slow or a loud and crazy dance mix I can coax him out on the floor to get lost in the crowd.

Last night after several drinks and shots poured by David our favorite bartender I began to feel my toes begin to tap! That’s when I begin to pester my partner trying to get him out on the floor.
After a couple hours and a couple more drinks I was able to get him out on the floor only because the Reba/Kelly song ended with the smooth transition into Kelly’s because of you dance mix. The floor was instantly crowded with gyrating people and I decided we needed to be in the middle of the floor.
Although people here don’t dance the same as back home in Dallas I had a wonderful time. I was able to keep him on the floor for several songs when it was decided that it was time to go. After all the moving and shaking on the dance floor not to mention the sweating out of the alcohol I came home and slept like a baby. A great time was had by all and I can’t wait to dance some more.

1 comment:

JOEY said...

Wow, you got MISS THANG to dance? She must have had tequila shots